The cLabs team is happy to announce Core Contracts Release 8!
The upgrade includes the following changes described with more detail in the release notes:
FederatedAttestations.sol: Similar to
Attestations.sol, this new contract records mappings from bytes32 identifiers to addresses, and is used primarily to resolve off-chain identities like phone numbers to addresses so that users can more easily send each other payments.
OdisPayments.sol: While the original ODIS rate limit imposed this cost by calculating quota as a function of on-chain transaction history, the new rate limit will impose this cost by requiring direct payments to a smart contract.
Escrow.sol: To allow escrowed payments to be gatekeeped by the ‘trusted’ issuer logic introduced in
- Govenance proposal: CGP 62: Celo Core Contracts Release 8 (TODO: publishing soon, currently draft on this branch: 0xarthurxyz/cgp-core-contracts-8)
- Release notes: Core Contracts Release 8
- Release process documentation: Smart Contracts Release Process
- Staging: August 9 (TODO: TBC!)
- Alfajores: August 16 (TODO: TBC!)
- Mainnet: August 23 (TODO: TBC!)
If you have any comments or questions we’d love to hear from you on this forum post so we can keep the conversation asynchronous and inclusive.
We look forward to hearing your thoughts!
Arthur (on behalf of the identity team at cLabs) and @m-chrzan (on behalf of the contracts team at cLabs)