Celo IndiaDAO (Regional DAO) Proposal

One question, how are you handling taxes? Because the payment will be in cUSD and India has a 30% tax, you can’t have a deduction for business purposes. As all the activities will happen in India, this makes you guys liable for that tax, so I just wanted to understand your process.

2 Likes

Hello , I am Neha Roy, a marketing and operations professional, have worked with IT/ITES/SAAS companies, startups and now in Web3 from 2021. With overall 20yrs of work experience at the age of 34(at present).

I am leading Growth and Marketing team at IntoTheVerse Inc along with @lopeselio. Additionally, I am building community accross India in the name of IRL Amigo and building community for IntoTheVerse as well.

I have the same vision and goal to empower now people to get onboard in Blockchain eco system and what better blockchain than Celo. I solely connect with the mission of building Celo India DAO.

I conduct online and offline sessions to bring awareness and help with a roadmap to learn and get started on Web3 and also in the transition from Web2 to web3. I have started working in North East region of India already along with West Bengal. Already has plans for workshop to be conducted at colleges.

I would obliged to be a part of the mission to build more awareness of Celo and a pan India DAO.

Warm Regards,
Neha Roy

1 Like

Hey, I am Ramesh Sachan, co-Founder at IntoTheVerse.

I’ve been part of different blockchain communities at my place and have been taking some
I really like the vision that’s proposed for Celo IndiaDAO. There are few ideas that I’d like Celo IndiaDAO to look into -

* Celo India Fellowship

Revival of Celo India Fellowship under Celo IndiaDAO to educate the young and budding student community in India. It can be structured in a way to accommodate both builders with little to no experience in a track and another separate track for builders with some experience such that they expand their knowledge horizons under the Fellowship.
Being a technical founder at IntoTheVerse I’d be happy to support this fellowship by providing the technical and non technical mentoring required during this fellowship. There are a few devrels from the India can also be helpful to further promote the Developer Relations.

* Legal entity for DAO

Set up an entity early to avoid any legal troubles later on.

* Hackathons & meetups

Hackathons and smaller meet-ups in the local community also help garner the interest of both technical and non-technical people. I’ve been part of a lot of local event and have seen people taking their first steps in these small events. Celo Advocated that are proposed in the proposal will also be helpful in organising events all across the country and take care of logistics. This way we can get much larger market penetration in India.

Looking forward to vote on this proposal and get the Indian community excited for the Celo ecosystem.

Lfg :rocket: :rocket: :rocket:

4 Likes

Celo IndiaDAO can setup a legal entity and that entity can pay all the expenses to the person in charge and and for the events on contractual basis. We can use plethora of off ramping services that are already live on Celo ecosystem.
Such transactions don’t come under the 30% tax bracket. I can help in this regard if needed.

2 Likes

Hey @annaalexa @Chitty @lopeselio
Greetings of the day!

I would love to associate for West Bengal and North East India.

Kindly, check the social and share your feedback.

Link - IRLamigo

Looking forward to hear from…

Warm Regards,
Neha

3 Likes

Hi Neha, thanks for writing on the forum.

I really appreciate the work you do for the web3 community in NorthEast India with IRL Amigo and web3 Assam. I think we should definitely work together to achieve the shared goals of web3 education, financial inclusion and onboard more developers and community members to the mission of Celo.

1 Like

Thank you for the appreciation @lopeselio. I would be glad to be a part of the initiative. And We look forward to onboard more developers and help them with roadmap. Looking forward to get started to build Celo India Community more stronger