Namaste! Wishing you a joyous New Year filled with prosperity and possibilities. As we present this proposal, may the spirit of collaboration and innovation illuminate our path towards empowering communities through web3.
Objective: Implement a comprehensive community development program focused on web3 & Celo’s education, meet-ups, and training to empower individuals in India.
Duration: 3 Months
Funding Request: $50,000
Reporting Success Metrics: Quarterly
Areas Of Focus:
The objective is to build and expand our local communities. This includes the translation of ecosystem news into local indian languages and educating the community on projects in the ecosystem and programs.
Creation and promotion of Celo India’s social media presence on all crypto-relevant platforms i.e Twitter/ Telegram/ Instagram, etc. Sharing the latest developments in the ecosystem and showcasing local and other new projects building on Celo to maximise exposure and visibility.
Collaborating with local CS personalities that have a strong voice in the industry to attract more users/developers to Celo. Encourage participation through online forums and social media.
The objective is to help increase the adoption of Celo among crypto enthusiasts by organising regular meetups and events in collaboration with other local event organisers if needed.
This would include hosting in-person meetups on a regular basis. The meetups would be a great platform to network and collaborate with other crypto enthusiasts and exchange ideas and expertise. Celo would be able to showcase real-world applications of blockchain technology and invite the individuals to onboard and contribute.
Training programs play a crucial role in helping Indian students & developers, understand blockchain and plan a professional career around it. Some of the activities would involve:
- Conducting workshops in colleges and universities, on blockchain fundamentals and practical usage of Celo ecosystem applications.
- Develop localised educational materials and resources for broader distribution.
Funding Allocation (Honorarium Inclusive):
Activities - Allocation
Community Development - $15,000
Meetups/Celo Gather - $10,000
Training Programs - $17,000
Travel and Misc Expenses - $8,000
Total - $50,000
Honorarium: Equivalent $100 worth of CELO per Hour; expectation is min 5 to max 20 hours per month.
- Month 1: Community establishment, social media rebuilding, branding, and initial meetups’ and planning.
- Month 2: Roll-out of technical training programs and continuation of meetups.
- Month 3: Intensify community engagement i.e., training and meet-ups in different locations.
Reporting and Evaluation:
- Monthly progress reports detailing activities, expenses, and community engagement.
- Post-program evaluation measuring the impact of training programs, social media and meetups.
DAO Member Structure:
- Chitty Babu: Community, Training & Education
- Shaun Joseph: Social Media and Business Development
- Kundan Kumar: Program Coordination & Impact Reporting
- Raghunandan: Technical Support & Development
We aim to create a sustainable impact by empowering individuals in India through web3 education and community building. The requested funds will be utilized efficiently to achieve the outlined objectives, fostering a culture of innovation and collaboration to serve Celo community’s vision of prosperity for all.