Hello, the awesome Celo community!, my name is Aliu Musa, I lead the Africa ecosystem at the Celo Foundation. In an effort to bring more transparency and get community feedback on the initiatives that we’re working on, we would like to share with you some of the things we are working on and get your perspectives towards it!
To Win the hearts and minds of Web3 builders across Africa, spread the adoption of Celo protocol locally.
Celo has one of the most global communities in crypto. In order to further expand decentralization and the localization of the protocol in different regions and cultures, we would love to empower local communities to lead local growth. We believe that folks on the ground are the most equipped to do this and that a grassroots approach will benefit the growth of Celo and its community.
$507K worth of CELO.
The primary objective is to support individuals and projects that are interested in building on Celo. We envision successful projects going on to receive funding from Celo Ecosystem.
|Prizes (20k, 10k 5k x4)||$50,000|
|Venue & Food (Dinner/Lunch)||$ 6,000|
|Media & Promotion||$ 5,000|
|Platform & Administration (Gitcoin)||$10,000|
|Total per Hackathon||$71,000|
|X2 Hackathon per Year||$142,000|
- Success Metrics:
- 2 hackathon in Africa
100 hackathon participants in total per each hackathon
30 submissions per each hackathon
- Local Demo Day held a quarter with Top VCs scouts invited to attend.
- Goal: VC funding for 1-3 projects per each hackathon
Help onboard new developers and guide them through the ecosystem.
|Venue & Food (4 most active countries)||$4000|
|Marketing, Promotion, Gifts and Swags||$750|
|Dev Rel (or Ambassador)||$1000|
|x 12 months||$69,000|
- Success metrics after 6 months:
- 480 Participants (80 active participants per month)
- 96 (20%) downloads of Contract Kit
- 288 (60%) downloads of Valora
- 336 (70%) new followers on social media
Create a Web3 Dev Studio to help onboard successful Web2 projects that would like to make the transition to Web3. Help onboard projects through developer support
|# Dev Hours||2000|
|$ Dev Hour||80|
- Success Metrics:
- 5 Web3 Dev Studio Participants across the region
- 100% Project Conversion Rate to Celo
- 3 Projects converted to web3 with volume >$1M
Build our community locally and on the ground. This includes translation of ecosystem news into local languages. Hosting Twitter spaces and local AMAs. Educating the community on projects in the ecosystem and programs.
|Content Creators||$ 1000|
|X 5 countries x 12 months||$90,000|
- Success Metrics
- 1 Twitter Spaces per Week
- 4 Social Posts (Instagram, TikTok, Twitter) per Week
- 1 Community Meetup per Month per active market (see above for event estimates)
- Ongoing management of local communication channels
We commit to posting monthly updates on our progress. We plan to measure success by developing a set of reports that we will share quarterly tracking the progress of:
- #Community members over time
- #Active Developers over time
- #Projects submitted in the end of the hackathon
Reports will be shared in the forum.
- Twitter (@Celoorg)
- Telegram (Telegram: Contact @CeloAfrica)
Structure & Mult-Sig
|Local Developer Relations||Allen Muhani|
|Local Marketing & Social||Noah Baalessanvu|
|Local Event Lead||Chimezie Chuta|
|Local Business Development||Aliu Musa|
- Equivalent $100 worth of CELO per Hour, expectation is 5-10 hours per month
- Less than 10% of overall budget should go towards compensation (capped at $50K WORTH of Celo per Region)
- Regional Eco Leads will waive compensation since they are employed by Foundation.
Regional DAO Operations