[Proposal] Celo India DAO

Hi all, I would like to echo @0xGoldo and @annaalexa’s thoughts. I hope the team behind this proposal can come back with an adjusted proposal that reduces the scope and the funding request. Additionally, I would like to surface a couple of observations:

• Setting up a DAO and coordinating work as a new team can be draining. Also, the members of this team don’t have a long track record within the Celo Community. My suggestion again is to reduce the scope and follow a model like the Seasonal one @annaalexa recommends, build a reputation based on impact, rinse and repeat.

• Some of the costs in the proposal are high compared with similar activities the Celo Foundation has funded in India. For example, the Celo Foundation has sponsored meetups in the USD$1000 - $1500 range.

• Team - I would like to suggest to the team the inclusion of more technical folks who could offer development support and more women to the multi-sig.

• I suggested this in the AfricaDAO proposal as well. I would like to see the teams behind the three regional proposals (Latam, Africa, and India) getting together to discuss how they can partner and what are the common pattern they can follow in terms of transparency and accountability.

7 Likes