Lovecrypto is selected by Brazil´s Central Bank to develop interoperability study between Real Digital and Celo

Hey friends. Sharing with you an exciting news:

Our startup, Lovecrypto, was one of 8 projects chosen by Brazil´s Central Bank in the selective Lift Lab 2022 to develop a study about the interoperability of the Real Digital and Celo´s stablecoins.

This marks the begining of our journey to reposition ourselves not just as a Cash In/Out solution, but as an innovation company in the blockchain space.

This was the announcement by the Central Bank of Brazil: Banco Central do Brasil
This is an article in the brazilian crypto media: Itaú e Lovecrypto entre os 6 projetos Lift Lab 2022 com blockchain e que vão de DeFi a Liquidity Pool

I would also like to share that we are raising additional capital in order to increase the team with professors and PHD graduates from our university (UFPE) in order to fund the research and MVP for the interoperability between the Real Digital (CBDC) and the Celo blockchain.

Imagine the things we could build with full interoperability between a CBDC and Celo?
We could, for example:

• to create a green or social government bond in which, part of the yield would be automagically transfered to ReFi projects on Celo or to Impact Market communities.
  • to allow the Celo treasury to hold Real Digital (CBDC) in its barket.
  • to allow anyone to convert between the brazilian currency and Celo stablecoins at very low cost (0.30% in fees, like most Dexes charge)

If you would like to invest on us, please email edrodrigues@lovecrypto.net so I can send you our pitch deck. We are raising $750k USD at a $7.5MM USD valuation.

13 Likes

Congratulations @edlovecrypto! Exciting news :raised_hands: :partying_face:

Congratulations, everyone!!

Congratulations @edlovecrypto! Let us know if we can help from Mento/Reserve side, happy to support where we can.

1 Like

Congrats, Ed! This is super relevant step forward. Everyone: If you want to check the Instagram live where we broke the news, here it is: Celo Brasil on Instagram: "Bate papo incrível com o Ed do app @lovecryptobr que tem como finalidade trazer usabilidade das stablecoins da CELO pro mundo real. Assistam e não deixe de participar da nossa comunidade no telegram."

Cool! How can I contribute with with the project?

Btw: I’ll travel soon by Pernambuco

Thanks, Mila! We want to be an intersection point between the brazilian CBDC and the Celo community. After all, we are the mycellium!

2 Likes

Thanks, friend. Please shoot me an email at edrodrigues@lovecrypto.net and we can meet for a coffee!

Really exciting to see Lovecrypto continue to kill it. Congratulations Ed!

1 Like

Hey friends,

Lovecrypto´s team is saying hello from Recife/Brazil!

We are still looking for value aligned investors to join our Seed+ round and give us the extended runway to execute the project for Brazil´s Central Bank to study the interoperability between its CBDC, the Real Digital, and Celo Blockchain.

This is our pitch deck: [ENG] Pitch Lovecrypto - Sep 2022 - Google Slides

If any of you would like to join the round, feel free to email me at edrodrigues@lovecrypto.net

Thanks!

Ed

Hey friends. Sharing the most recent news with the LIFT Lab.

We had our second meeting with Brazil´s Central Bank team and agreed on a scope and use case.

You can see the presentation we showed them in this link.

The use case will be to send a tokenized asset (a brazilian bond) from the Real Digital blockchain to Celo´s blockchain, and vice-versa. This MVP can be later expanded to allow any ERC-20 token to be transacted between the two chains. Thus, allowing the atomic and programmatic exchange of fiat to crypto assets. In my estimate, this can lower the cost of cash in/cash out to 0.3%, instead of the 1.5% to 5% what is practiced in Brazil today.

2 Likes

@edlovecrypto This is great! Any other news or ways that the community could engage? When does the project end?

1 Like

Hi Mila, the LIFT Lab with Brazil´s Central Bank is expected to end by January 2023. However, if everything goes well, we will be able to create a new product to be launched together with the Real Digital (Brazil´s CBDC) which will allow the interoperability between Real World Assets (RWA) registered in the Real Digital Ledger with stablecoins, such as cREAL or cUSD.

One thing is for sure, we are having the opportunity to know how the Brazilian CBDC, one the first of the world to be launched, is developing. A true privilege. And it can give us a competitive advantage in the time to market for new products.

Our team is still looking for investors for our next round. USD$750k at a $7.5MM pre-money valuation. This is our updated Pitch deck.

1 Like

Hi Ed! Sounds good. I intro’ed you directly to two VCs. Besides, this is a very helpful resource for fundraising. Best of luck.

1 Like

Parabens!!! voa Brasil

1 Like

Very nice Ed, congrats!

I did watch “The Future of Crypto Assets Regulation in Brazil” discussion from the Brazilian Central Bank and took a few notes to share.

• Digital wallets will be unique (fiats + cryptos)
  • PIX can be expanded to Latin America
    • 90 million transactions in one day.
  • OpenFinance already with 7 million consents.
  • CBDC endorses new business
    • Brazil will have its own format.
    • more integration companies/services will raise
  • “Until 2019 the easiest way to get 20 million pounds to England was by plane.”
  • 80% of crypto assets are in custody in 4 companies
  • “First cars were used for robberies, and therefore, almost prohibited.” No!
    • CVM will allow the existence of the revolution.
    • CVM wants to demand that companies understand users.
    • Regulation will come! Licenses will be required and punish those who promote fraud.
  • Cryptoactives is multi-sector, cryptoeconomics carries (and encrypts) values from completely different markets.

How is the project going? Let us know!

2 Likes

This is great summary. TY so much for posting here @Polo ! Hi @edlovecrypto - let us indeed know if you have news.

1 Like

Hi @MilaRioja and @Polo . Thanks for your interest. The LIFT Lab 2022 is going smoothly and we already had our 5th meeting with them. They are very helpful regarding possible compliance and regulatory implications of the ideas, and we, in turn, help them with ideas regarding the blockchain technology and possible problems that the Real Digital might encounter.

One thing that I am trying to articulate with them and with some universities in my city, including my Alma Mater, is the creation of an accredited course similar to Lift Learning (https://liftlearningdf.com/), with the objective of educating the next generation of developers in the Real Digital stack.

Today (16/11/2022) there is a conference held by Brazil´s Central bank in which they will announce many things about the Real Digital. After they publish the videos I will post it here.

3 Likes

Hi friends. An update about this our project with Brazil´s Central Bank:

Today we delivered the POC of interoperability between the Real Digital (Simulated network) and Celo.

1. A recording of the POC working: Apresentação da POC de interoperabilidade no Real Digital - YouTube
  2. Provisory url of the POC: http://liftlabs.lovecrypto.com.br:3000/

We thank Prezenti for the generous grant that will allow us to keep perfecting the project in 2023. In the future, maybe anyone, anywhere, will be able to buy Real World Assets registered in the Real Digital ledger with Celo´s cStables.

If you are an accredited investor who likes crypto: a fund from Brazil got interested in joining our round as a follower if we find a lead investor.

Hey friends, we created a video to explain our interoperability POC with Brazil´s Central Bank. It is in Portuguese, but we will add subtittles in another video: Lovecrypto Labs - Interoperabilidade no Real Digital - YouTube

1 Like