Lovecrypto is selected by Brazil´s Central Bank to develop interoperability study between Real Digital and Celo

Update since we finished our POC with Brazils Central Bank.

1. This is the new url of our POC: Home | Lovecrypto
  2. Website now available in Portuguese and English.
  3. New and improved UI.
  4. Trade multiple cStables and integrated with Oracle.
  5. The network that represents the Real Digital Ledger is the Volta Testnet (from Energy Web Foundation). Once we have access to the Real Digital testnet (probably later this year), we can reproduce the POC in the Real Digital testnet.

One thing is for sure: Celo´s cStables will be the first stablecoins to be interoperable with the Real Digital!

2 Likes

Hey friends. We have news with Brazil´s CBDC:

1. It was announced in this press announcement that they are moving the project to a public test using Hyperledger Besu as the basis. They will be conducting this test in partnership with Financial Institutions from Brazil. We are trying to partner up with one financial institution to be included in the test.

2. This is great news to us and other innovators, because Hyperledger Besu is based on the EVM and it is open source. Thus is compatible with Celo and will be able to capitalize on the compound innovation that happens in public blockchains.

Speaking as Lovecrypto, I am meeting with potential investors this week and we are very close to closing our seed round. So, if any potential investor from Celo community want to join the Lovecrypto cap table, this is the last call!

1 Like

Tremendous work! Congratulations to you and Team

Hey friends. Brazil´s Central Bank announced a day of talks about the learnings with the projects from LIFT Lab. I will be talking at 11am. I will post the link here. It will be streamed.

2 Likes

Hey friends. An update on the topic of the Real Digital (Brazil´s CBDC) and its interoperability with Celo:

Brazil´s Central Bank Announced the pilot of the Real Digital, the time frame and what they expect to accomplish. Please see this link: Workshop Piloto do Real Digital - YouTube

From this announcement I can say that asset tokenization of Real World Assets (RWA) on the Real Digital Ledger will be something we can expect to have on the final version.

Our interoperability POC to allow people to purchase RWA paying in Celo´s cStables is something that we can expect to be portable to the production version of the Real Digital. However, I talked about some challenges we have to overcome, to accomplish that. For example the KYC/KYB/AML of all users, and if the approach to privacy in the transactions used is going to interfere with the cross-chain message protocol we chose to use, which is Layer Zero.

More details about the challenges to overcome in this paper I wrote: [Nascimento Junior, E.R.] O futuro é OmniChain - interoperabilidade entre Blockchains públicos e o Real Digital-JCC.docx.pdf - Google Drive

3 Likes

Will be there! Congrats on your amazing work.

I agree with your assessment, and this builds strong with last year’s hackathon: Hacking USD400bi in Brazil Public Goods - How Celo Community Wrote Their Name in 🇧🇷 History

1 Like

Hey friends. It was a lot of fun to present the use case in the LIFT Day. Here is the recording of the presentation: LIFT Day 2023 - YouTube

And here are a few pictures. Including meeting the awesome Mila Rioja!

2 Likes

By the way, Brazil´s Central Bank just announced their call for participants in the Real Digital Pilot (Banco Central do Brasil). The submission window will be from May 2nd to May 12th 2023 and at least one participant in the consortium of applicants needs to be a bank or payment institution in Brazil.

Ed congrats for this. I witnessed first hand how different initiatives and business approached you after the panel, interested in the product and journey. Congrats!

1 Like

@edlovecrypto has done an amazing job!
In addition to Lovecrypto, he has been bringing academia closer and closer, conducting interesting discussions, and working to develop the ecosystem!

1 Like

Hey friends. This is our paper that was published in the LIFT Papers: https://revista.liftlab.com.br/lift/article/view/101/89

Hey folks, if you wanted news about the Real Digital, Brazil´s CBDC, you can check out this high level diagrams of its layers and the applications that can run on it.

Also, this is the public Github of the Real Digital: GitHub - bacen/pilotord-kit-onboarding: Documentação e arquivos de configuração para participação no Piloto do Real Digital

Microsoft Brazil did an amazing job in its Interoperability proposal, which I estimate that will be incorporated as the solution for interoperability with public blockchains in the final version of the Real Digital.

In this link you can see Microsoft´s presentation and a paper they wrote for FebrabanTech, a conference for the financial industry: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1kJwAa_MCx_8yEY28Y9RpTRdzn8X8LLwm?usp=drive_link

1 Like

Hey friends. I would like to make a question for the Celo community, in particular to organizations like cLabs, Hyperlane and Mento Labs:

Would you be interested in being part of a testnet of the Real Digital, created for brazilian universities? There are some people talking about creating this testnet, that would not be maintained by Brazil´s Central bank, but that would be identical to it.

Hey Ed, Hyperlane would love to be involved, we think Hyperlane’s permissionless interoperability would be perfect for this use case in our opinion.

It was announced today that one possible solution for privacy in the Real Digital can be EY´s Starlight Project (GitHub - EYBlockchain/starlight: ⚡ solidity --> zApp transpiler ⚡), which uses ZK proofs for privacy.

Brazil´s Central Bank chose a commercial name for its CBDC. Now on it will be called DREX: Banco Central do Brasil

1 Like

Talk by João Paulo Aragão, PhD, from Microsoft at our Research Group, the “Grupo de Finanças Digitais da UFPE”: https://youtu.be/Byi8S-HlHro?si=VNGP85a-q1o8eoyl

This was the recent live held by Brazil´s Central Bank: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRbCvwRNxLk&t=562s&ab_channel=BancoCentraldoBrasil

It is worthy of notice their new timetable for the pilot: