Proposal to introduce Indian Rupee (cINR) Stable Coin

Hi @gvish ! Excited to see you energize this thread. @juanjgiraldoc Is also working hard to get the cCOP proposal voted, up and running.

I am particularly of the belief that local stables are relevant for the growth of the community and the ecosystem. Sure it’s no easy task to 1) draft the proposal; 2) develop technical aspects; 3) have partners willing and delivering necessary integrations; 4) have the community ready to vote, embrace and use – just to name a few of the challenges. However, cReal launching for instance has already proved (IMHO) how relevant such real world use cases are. One example here + the adoption on T0 by several partners (link further below).

Just wanted to comment on this:

From my conversation with others in the community, I understood that listing cINR on centralised exchanges both foreign (Binance) and local (WazirX, Coin DCX) would be very challenging and requires a lot of resources. Hence I believe building utility through on the ground projects and use cases would be a better strategy here, different to the case in Brazil I believe.

In Brazil on T0 both exchanges (national and international) listed the asset, and also DeFi dApps/wallets that allowed for real world use cases (e.g. buying groceries) integrated. So the approach and acceptance was rather comprehensive (some info here).

From a technical and adoption standpoint, listing on exchanges (AFAIC) is a relevant part of the equation. If you and @juanjgiraldoc like the idea I am happy to join a brainstorm session (or sessions) to share the experience here (and maybe get a community “cStables launch” toolkit up and running.

3 Likes