S11 Planning: Marcomms

Hi @0xGoldo ! I wanted to FUP re another possibility for Celo Community growth and devs engagement:

I also think that Celo has great use case for countries where the banking system is not so strong. In LatAm we have an interesting mix with countries with low infra but also Brazil as a leading crypto community w/ a very well developed banking system and financial markets structure.

In BR, Celo is real (pun intended with our Real currency and cReal stable asset), and has the rails necessary to grow by the hands of the local community. Projects like LoveCrypto are experimenting with govt. Sandbox, while Bitfy , Coins, Ripio , BitcoinTrade and FlowBTC allow for CICO and real world use cases with Celo, cUSD. cEUR and cReal. Ribon and Impact Market may be the leading charity projects, while we also se a crescent REFI interest not only in Brazil with Detrash, but also in Colombia with the recent MIT Tech Review featured company Unergy.

The comms for these happen in Portuguese and Spanish channels led by the community. You can see a little of what is done here and here (although our people really like Instagram - where you can also find PT and ESP channels).

The reason why I am posting this comment is bc sometimes, due to the language barrier, the initiatives undertaken in LatAm may not be so often seen, while I think there is huge space and opportunities here for the global developer community. Not only regulatory landscape in LatAm is generally welcoming to crypto but a lot of incumbent players (like mobile carriers/banks) are already taking off with crypto initiatives that may be more strategic to pursue due to costs/regulatory and competitive scenario (for a short “now” at least).

Let me know if you want to chat anytime about whats happening here! Here is our DAO proposal :slight_smile:

2 Likes