LatAm W3 DAO Proposal

Hello everyone! Very exciting to see this initiative!
I run an accelerator in Colombia and live on the caribbean coast and excited to start
onboarding people on Celo there, lots of opportunity and lots to do!
Got experience in running events, building and running hackathons and have worked in Venture Builders as well (Web2 but gotta start somewhere :slight_smile:
Count on me for Colombia and the Caribbean!

8 Likes

Look forward to having resources to collab with you!

3 Likes

Hey @MilaRioja and team! Luuk from Kolektivo here! We’ve been incubating Web 3.0 communities in the Caribbean region for over 4 years.

We started in 2018 as the Caribbean Blockchain Network and have organized multiple events and programs in the Caribbean. Big fan of this proposal and eager to collaborate more with the Latam Region!

We hosted the Curacao Blockchain Week back in 2019 and more recently hosted the Kolektivo Festival, a ReFi + Innovation festival with over 700 attendees. We onboarded nearly 300 people to our Kolektivo Wallet (built on Celo) at the event! I’m now in touch with other Caribbean leaders to prepare for ETHCaribbean somewhere in May / June next year. If there is room to include the Caribbean in this budget, we can get a lot done!

4 Likes

Amazing!!! Excited about ETHCaribbean :heart: and onboarding more communities throughout Latam and Caribbean :raised_hands:t3:

Happy to see your post here, @LuukDAO ! Will very much enjoy working together, and agree that amazing opportunities are currently generated by community members in the Caribbean region. Do you want to hop on a call, maybe also with @yatanco and other DAO members? Joining forces will strengthen** this initiative and mutual goals.

2 Likes

I very much appreciate you wanting to engage. This moving forward lets find a way to collab.

2 Likes

Hi all! Updating the above in view of the feedback you all thoughtfully provided.

What did we do: Became sharper on deliverables / shifted events money to community collabs / lowered dramatically the social media $ allocation and focused on nurturing Ambassador initiatives!

Hi All! For those who don’t know me yet my name is Mila Rioja, I lead the LatAm ecosystem at Celo Foundation. In an effort to grow the ecosystem in a collaborative fashion, welcoming the community feedback and active participation on different initiatives, we would like to invite you to build this project with myself and other community members, initially by giving your feedback on the below and later by engaging in the proposed initiatives and activities.

Goal

Bring to life next gen of dApps on Celo, and contribute with the community in projects towards raising awareness about the Celo protocol and increase its adoption, grow the Celo community with initiatives in the most used languages in LatAm (Portuguese and Spanish!),

Celo has one of the most global communities in crypto. In order to further expand decentralization and the localization of the protocol in different regions and cultures, we must empower local communities to lead local growth. Decision power and initiatives must be shifted to folks on the ground who are the most equipped to collab and achieve a grassroots approach that will benefit the growth of Celo and its community.

Amount Requested

$500k worth of CELO

Areas of Focus

1. Accelerating Growth: Web3 Venture Builder (Solution Design + Project Development and Shipping + Capital)

Create a Web3 Venture Studio to launch the next gen of Web3 initiatives by: (i) helping expressive Web2 companies launch on Celo and (ii) nurturing native web3 initiatives.

Budget Ask: $280,000

• Technical Support (encompasses tech development and business support)
    • Technical Support: 300 hours / Average professional hour at $80
    • Extras (e.g. back office/operations) $40,000

Success Metrics:

• 8 Web3 Dev Studio Participants across the region
  • 100% Project Conversion Rate to Celo
  • Transaction volume >$500M after 1 year
  1. Collabs for Awareness, Education and Hackathons**

Help onboard new community members and developers, and guide them through the ecosystem, by collaborating with ecosystem founders and partners, doing Hackathons, meetups and other learning initiatives.

Budget Ask: $120,000

We are looking to accomplish at least 12 initiatives around the next year (6 in portuguese and 6 in spanish). Ecosystem partners must submit their proposals for such and the total budget will be allocated to them. We will co-organize the initiative together and report to the community.

1. Content Creation: Building Market Awareness and Brand Positioning with Ambassadors**

Build our community locally and on the ground. This includes translation of ecosystem news into local languages. Hosting Twitter spaces and local AMAs. Educating the community on projects in the ecosystem and programs and hosting meetups (in connection with Focus Areas number #1 and 2 above).

Budget Ask: $50,000

Description Cost
Content Creation/Moderation/Influencers $45.000
Promos/Swags/Paid Ads $5.000
  • Success Metrics
    • 2 Twitter Spaces per Week
    • 2 Instagram Lives per week
    • 4 Social media posts (Instagram, TikTok, Twitter) per Week
    • Ongoing management of local communication channels

Transparency & Progress

We commit to posting monthly updates on our progress. We plan to measure success by developing a set of reports that we will share quarterly tracking the progress of:

• N. Community Development Over Time
  • N. Active Developers over time
  • N. Projects submitted in the end of the hackathon

Reports will be shared in the forum.

Useful Links

• Twitte/.Instagram (@Celoorg.br @celo_esp)
  • Telegram (Celo Espanol / Celo Portugues)

Structure & Mult-Sig

Role Name Multisig
Developer Relations Alessandro Milagres [TBD]
Events, Marketing & Social Cristobal Pereira [TBD]
Martina Mendoza [TBD]
Gabriel Ribenboin [TBD]
Sebastian Rodríguez-Larrain [TBD]
Giovana Simão [TBD]
Business Development Mila Rioja [TBD]
Santiago Mora [TBD]

Extras: ($50,000)

1. Tooling
  1. Legal review of structure, compliance and due diligence
  • In case another structure needs to be implemented due to legal review we will discuss with the community.
  1. Compensation
  • Equivalent $100 worth of CELO per Hour, expectation is 5-10 hours per month
  • Between 7-10% of overall budget will go towards compensation
  • Regional Eco Leads will waive (not receive any) compensation from this money as long as part of the Foundation.

Transparency

• Forum posts with feedback request prior to initiatives
  • Forum posts with updates
  • Social media posts
  • Quarter reports
  • Open work on Discord channel

Get to know our talent, and what we bring to the Celo Ecosystem!

Martina Mendoza - Community builder, networker, focus on using blockchain to innovate with impact. Building @ wooy

Camila Rioja - I drive vision and strategy to accomplish goals and onboard the next billion users

Gabriel Ribenboin - Changemaker focused on innovative finance towards a fairer and more regenerative economy.

Cristobal Pereira - Teaching and mentorship experience, to help others build the solutions that Latin America needs.

Santiago Mora - Entrepreneur creating financial services through efficient and accessible solutions for businesses and consumers alike. Bringing the gap between web3 and the the rest of the world.

Alessandro Milagres - A geek in love with building things

Giovana Simão - I onboard woman into web3.

6 Likes

Hi everyone,

My name is Ariel - I’m new to the Celo community and have just recently seen this post -, I’m a Brazilian economist and product manager. I also endorse this proposal and would like to contribute to its success.

I believe having a LATAM DAO is of great importance, because to create the conditions for prosperity for everyone we must attract local talent from diverse backgrounds, which requires a localized approach.

I’m part of the Blockchain na Escola DAO - we just received a grant from Celo that will allow us to bring blockchain education to public high schools and universities in Brazil (more especifically, Salvador and Belo Horizonte). We plan on doing educational events with students and teachers, which I think is a great opportunity to onboard new members to Celo so would love to collab there.

I also just participated in the Celo hackathon for land registry in a Brazilian government agency (SPU), where I saw a lot of of awesome projects for government innovation using Celo. @MilaRioja did an awesome job in the organization, including mentoring participants to accelerate project development. The government representatives were quite impressed with the level of innovation displayed during the competition.

These great experiences drawn me to become active in the Celo community. I think education is a powerful tool to onboard new members and expand the Celo network.

Tamo junto!

5 Likes

Great to see you here too, and TY for your collab during the event. Welcome!

2 Likes

PT-BR:
Olá me chamo Juliana, moro em Eusébio/CE, Brasil; desculpe entrar na conversa de vocês mas gostaria de contribuir com a fala do @edlovecrypto. Concordo +1000 com o que ele disse. Se queremos aumentar o ingresso de pessoas nesse ecossistema precisamos tornar esse caminho mais acessível, isso implica na acessibilidade de conteúdo, e umas das formas de fazer isso é permitir que as pessoas encontrem as informações na sua língua de origem. :blush:

EN:
Hello, my name is Juliana, I live in Eusébio/CE, Brazil; sorry to join your conversation but I would like to contribute with @edlovecrypto’s speech. I agree +1000 with what he said. If we want to increase people’s entry into this ecosystem, we need to make this path more accessible, this implies content accessibility, and one of the ways to do this is to allow people to find information in their native language. :blush:

3 Likes

Happy New Year to the entire Celo Community.

Excited to see how these proposals from regional DAOs can help contribute to the growth and adoption of Crypto in Latin America and especially in Colombia:colombia: with initiatives like have a stablecoin linked to the local currency.

Count on our full support for local dissemination, we are a community of people in love with the Celo ecosystem, its mission and its principles, we have generated some digital spaces that we hope to start using in 2023 to echo the ecosystem focused on Colombia.

Feel free to follow us in:
Instagram: Celo Colombia (@celoorg.co) • Instagram photos and videos
Twitter: https://twitter.com/CeloOrgCo
Discord: CeloOrgCo#1966

6 Likes

Happy to have you in the ecosystem @CeloColombiano! Thank you for the great work of community building you’ve been doing across social. There’s lots of ways to plug deeper into the Celo Ecosystem in Colombia, including @CasaCelo, a coworking and coliving space in Bogota!

6 Likes

Hi @MilaRioja was just checking in here, new year new energy, happy to join in a call!

4 Likes

Hi @MilaRioja, we have a governance call on Thursday, so let me know if you’d like to discuss in the call. I know you’ve presented the proposal before, so no worries if not!

3 Likes

Thank you for the recommendation! We’re happy to connect with you @CeloColombiano.

5 Likes

Seja muito bem vinda, @juramos-2020 !

2 Likes

Hi there! Not ashamed to say I took some time of to rest lol Coming back to energize this with all the community ASAP!

2 Likes

Great to meet you :slight_smile: Thank you for the support and lets rock this community!

2 Likes

Tamo junto! 2023 com vários projetos bacanas da comunidade

4 Likes

Btw - have you ever got in touch with CeloEspañol? Its the largest spanish-speaking community on Celo. Maybe there is room for collab?

1 Like