This post aims to summarize what’s happening with on-chain governance.
Unfamiliar with Celo’s governance? Read Governance in a Nutshell
- [Tentative] Timeline for Upcoming Governance Proposal
- Making the protocol safe and easy to upgrade (CGP 13 - core contracts upgrade) - Passed - Nov 18, 2020
- Making the protocol safe and easy to upgrade (CGP 12 - block gas limit increase) - Passed - Oct 26, 2020
- Governance proposal to extend the governance referendum phase duration to 5 days - Passed - Jul 17, 2020
- Governance Proposal to increase the reserve fraction to improve on-chain liquidity - Passed - Jul 17, 2020
- Activating stability protocol - Passed - Jun 28, 2020
- Freezing part of the CELO reserve for the stability protocol (Celo Dollars collateral) - Passed - Jun 16, 2020
- Rename Celo Gold to Celo (native asset) - Passed - Jun 9, 2020
- Unfreezing voter rewards and Cel Gold transfers - Passed - May 18, 2020
- Unfreezing validator elections and rewards - Passed - May 2, 2020
If there are topics or links you’d like covered here or in the docs pm me.