While March 2021 marks a year into the pandemic and lockdown, rest assured that it will bring lots of exciting new updates to Celo and governance. This new round of Governance proposals will bring new updates to Celo like Validator improvements and activation of cEUR!
For CGP-22 to CGP-25, they are governance proposals that will enable the activation of cEUR as per CIP-33.
For CGP-22 and CGP-27, they are governance proposals to enable CIP-29 which is both to set a grace period lookback window governable parameter and to set its value.
CGP-20 is a community appreciation gift proposal.
The proposals are going to be submitted to Mainnet:
- CGP-22: Celo Contracts Release 3 (Read the forum post here)
- CGP-23: cEUR Oracle Activation
- CGP-25: Set Constitutional Parameters for New Contracts and Methods Added By CR3
- CGP-27: Set gracePeriod Value (Read CIP-29 for an overview here)
- CGP-20: Community Appreciation Gifts
Anticipated governance proposal timeline:
- Baklava: March 2nd, 2021
- Alfajores: March 9th, 2021
- Mainnet: March 16th, 2021