UPDATE: Due to Baklava stall issues, we have extended the application deadline to March 10th!
Applications for the Celo Foundation Voting Program are now open for Cohort 9!
To encourage financial inclusion and the participation of secure, reliable validators, the Celo Foundation will vote for validator groups according to the updated Foundation voting policy.
Performing validator groups that are selected as part of this cohort, will retain Foundation votes until March 1, 2023 (12 months after votes are cast around March 1, 2022), following the updated Foundation voting policy.
NOTE: This new cohort round will include the criteria that you must have 150k CELO voted for your validator by an entity that is not the Celo Foundation. This ensures that folks are getting votes from the community. See this announcement for more information
- The application deadline is February 10, 2022.
- Cohort 6 validators who are subject to having their votes expire on March 1, 2022 will simply need to opt-in to renew their application here.
- New validators NEED to apply on the application form here.
- Both Cohort 6 validators and new applicants will be evaluated equally on their validator performance.
- You need to be running both a validator and attestation service, on Baklava testnet or Celo Mainnet.