Cohort #12 Application of Foundation Voting Program is Now Open

:compass: Hello Validators!

Applications for the Celo Foundation Voting Program are now open for Cohort 12! :tada:

To encourage financial inclusion and the participation of secure, reliable validators, the Celo Foundation will vote for validator groups according to the updated Foundation voting policy.

Validator groups that are selected as part of this cohort, will retain Foundation votes until February 29, 2024 (~12 months after votes are cast around the beginning of March 2023).

• :calendar: The application deadline is Wednesday, February 1, 2023.
  • Cohort 9 validators who are subject to having their votes expire will simply need to opt-in to renew their application here.
  • New validators NEED to apply on the application form here. As well, please complete the self-audit checklist prior to starting as it is uploaded as part of your application.
  • Both Cohort 9 validators and new applicants will be evaluated on their validator performance. Celo Mainnet uptime will be used for validators currently receiving votes. Baklava testnet uptime will be used for new validators interested in receiving votes.
  • You must be running both a validator and attestation service, on Baklava testnet or Celo Mainnet (for renewing validators).

All application details can be found in the docs here. Docs on running a validator and attestation service on Baklava testnet can be found here.

If you have any questions, feel free to tag @dave_commsec in the #validators-operators channel on Discord, or email foundationvotingprogram@celo.org.

5 Likes

I am new here, I logged into this Celo web page for the first time in a while now, I have been a benefactor of the Celo poverty eradication program in my country for a while, and I with that I have trust the Celo program.
I really don’t know how to participate here but I believe Celo got a huge thing coming, and I don’t want to miss it, so I will be glad if one educate on it and my little part to play please :pray:

2 Likes

I have a question to the requirement of running an attestation service in order to being eligible for the voting program. Is there really a need to still run this service as this requirement had been scrapped last year for existing validators?

We had stopped our baklava attestation service instance after this had been communicated.

1 Like

Foundation Voting Program Update :loudspeaker:

The application period is now closed. Thank you for the responses from the Opt-in Applicants and thank you to the new applicants. We will review all the applicants to evaluate their attestation and uptime performance.

If you have any questions, feel free to tag @dave_commsec in the #validators-operators channel on Discord as well.

1 Like

Hi Dave, when will the application for cohort 13 open?

1 Like

Hi Matt, the application period will open next week.