Hello Validators and New Applicants,
The Celo Foundation Voting Program is now open!
Validator groups that are selected as part of this cohort, will retain Foundation votes until June 30, 2024 (~12 months after votes are cast around the beginning of July this year).
To ensure that validators are engaging with and receiving votes from the community at least 150k CELO voted for your validator by an entity that is not the Celo Foundation.
- The application deadline is Friday, May 31, 2023.
- Cohort 10 validators who are subject to having their votes expire need to opt-in to renew their application here.
- New validators NEED to apply on the application form here. As well, please complete the self-audit checklist prior to starting as it is uploaded as part of your application.
- Both Cohort 10 validators and new applicants will be evaluated on their validator performance. Celo Mainnet uptime will be used for validators currently receiving votes. Baklava testnet uptime will be used for new validators interested in receiving votes.
- You must be running both a validator on Baklava testnet or Celo Mainnet (for renewing validators).
All application details can be found in the Foundation Voting Policy docs. Docs on running a validator on Baklava testnet can be found here. The faucet request for ReleaseGold on Baklava can be found here.
To encourage financial inclusion and the participation of secure, reliable validators, the Celo Foundation will vote for validator groups according to the updated Foundation voting policy.
If you have any questions, feel free to tag @dave_commsec in the #validators-operators channel on Discord, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.