After a brief hiatus for the summer where the Celo Foundation has been revising the Celo Foundation Validator Voting Policy, we are pleased to share the newest updates to the program.
- Cohorts will extend from 9 months to 12 months.
- 3 Cohorts per year, with a 4 month gap in between cohort applications.
- Each cohort has a fixed placement that it can allow depending on availability.
- Existing validators in a cohort can now more easily renew their applications. Evaluation will primarily focus on validator network uptime and attestation completion rate. In the event all applicants score very high on those, secondary criteria will be evaluated in order to fill each cohort.
Cohorts currently receiving votes have an updated expiration date:
Cohort 5: 24 validator groups – votes will expire on November 1, 2021
- 24 slots will open up for application
Cohort 6: 7 validator groups – votes will expire on March 1, 2022
- 7 slots will open up for application
Cohort 7: 23 validator groups – votes will expire on July 1, 2022
- 23 slots will open up for application.
Cohort 8 applications will open the first week of September 2021. Those in Cohort 5 will be invited to reapply given their cohort will expire around then. New validator applicants will be encouraged to apply as well.
The docs is in the process of being updated, the pull-request with updated information can be found here.
Thank you for your support of the validator program. We look forward to how this new program improves the experience of both existing cohorts and new validators applying for the first time.
The Celo Foundation