Celo Kenya May Activities Recap

Celo Kenya CodeJam

The Celo Kenya CodeJam is a monthly event in Kenya that unites talented developers, programmers, and tech enthusiasts to showcase their skills and creativity on the Celo blockchain. It offers a collaborative and friendly environment for participants to leverage blockchain technology and address real-world challenges.

The event emphasizes on building different use cases on the Celo blockchain applications. Through workshops, mentorship sessions, developer office hours and coding challenges, participants gain valuable experience in developing decentralized applications and smart contracts.

The Celo Kenya CodeJam aims to create a vibrant ecosystem of blockchain developers in Kenya, driving innovation and impactful solutions for local communities. Participants contribute to financial inclusion, economic empowerment, and digital infrastructure advancement in Kenya using the Celo platform. On 27th May 2023, we successfully organized and hosted the inaugural Celo Kenya community CodeJam. This event provided a unique opportunity for participants to engage in the development of diverse use cases, exploring the full potential of the Celo blockchain technology.

Overall, the Celo Kenya Code Jam demonstrates the transformative potential of blockchain technology. It brings together passionate individuals, fosters innovation, and contributes to Kenya’s digital economy development.

Twitter Spaces held in May:

First: Decentralizing on and off ramps

We were thrilled to have hosted Felix Macharia from Kotani Pay to explore the exciting world of decentralizing on and off ramps! We delved into the transformative power of decentralization in enabling borderless access to cryptocurrencies and traditional fiat currencies. Here are the key discussion points:

• Decentralized Exchanges (DEXs)
  • Inclusive Financial Access
  • Privacy & Security
  • Lower Costs
  • Fiat-backed Stablecoins:
  • Peer-to-Peer Trading:
  • Atomic Swaps
  • Empowering Local Communities

If you missed the Space and you would like to listen in and be part of this discussion navigate to: https://twitter.com/i/spaces/1RDGlavvanDJL?s=20

Second : Exploring the impact of blockchain in cross border payments
We hosted a thought-provoking discussion featuring the brilliant insights of Dekan Kachi from Clixpesa. We explored the transformative power of blockchain technology in revolutionizing cross-border payments. Here are some key takeaways from the conversation:

• Efficiency and Speed
  • Financial Inclusion
  • Transparency and Security
  • Reduced Costs
  • Partnerships and Collaboration

If you missed the Space and you would like to listen in and be part of this discussion navigate to: https://twitter.com/i/spaces/1LyxBqyBNQEJN?s=20

Third : Unleashing the power of blockchain in game design

We hosted Jay Shapiro from Usiku games and Raphael Edema from Neutron gaming, to explore and delve into the limitless potential of blockchain in game design! We dived into the exciting world where blockchain technology intersects with gaming, unleashing new possibilities and transforming the gaming landscape. Here are the key touch points from the discussion

• True Ownership of Assets
  • Play-to-Earn model
  • Interoperability & Cross-Game Experiences
  • Enhanced Security & Transparency

If you missed the Space and you would like to listen in and be part of this discussion navigate to: https://twitter.com/i/spaces/1jMKgLvBBlwGL?s=20

Fourth : Breaking into the Global Developer Community

For this twitter space we delved into strategies and insights on how to make a mark in the global developer community. Here are some key highlights from our conversation:

• Continuous Learning
  • Networking and Collaboration
  • Personal Branding
  • Problem-Solving Skills
  • Embrace Community Support
  • Diversity and Inclusion

Follow us for me: https://twitter.com/CeloKenya

1 Like

Great work you’re doing Charles

1 Like

Hey @mabwa, my name is Birah and I’m from Gooddollar, we recently moved to Celo and would love to connect with you for some talks. Here’s my twitter @proz_b. Thanks!

Hello, sure @Birah

First welcome to the Celo Ecosystem, we are delighted to have you as a part of our ecosystem.

I have reached out on twitter.