Request for Celo Governance call #20 - August 10th, 2022

Hi all,
I would like to request an unplanned governance call on Wednesday, August 10th, at 06:00 PM CET.
The goal of this call is to discuss CGP 60 - Governance owned cUSD-USDC Liquidity. The proposal should go into the referendum stage later this week. It is a complex proposal, so we (the Mento team) thought it definitely worth discussing it in the governance call, but there were any scheduled in the foreseeable future.
Link to join the call: https://meet.google.com/oer-yvsx-mqh

P.S. @willkraft @ericnakagawa I am sorry if that’s not how the governance calls should be organized, but I couldn’t find any instructions on how to do it. Please let me know if there are any steps that I have missed. Thanks!

Hi Aleksey, we did not hear from you on Discord regarding whether this can be scheduled for next week to ensure adequate attendance, so we will move forward with having the call tomorrow. In the future, please try to schedule these calls at least 1 week in advance to ensure adequate participation. For our part, we will begin to schedule governance calls farther than 2 weeks in advance so people know when the next one will be. The Github Issue can be found here: Celo Governance Call #20 | August 10th, 2022 · Issue #163 · celo-org/governance · GitHub

@annaalexa Would you mind adding this call to the Celo Community Events Calendar?

1 Like

Thanks for understanding, and yes, we should have requested it earlier. In this particular case though, the proposal came together last week, so there wasn’t much room to prepare in advance.
Also I think it is already added to Celo Community calendar (the gmeet link is from there).

Added! And updated the details with the github issue. Thank you everyone for coordinating.

Great, thanks for adding!

1 Like