Nikhil here from the Strategy, Research, and Innovation team at the Celo Foundation. Sharing this week’s update on the DeFi for the People program
For context, DeFi for the People supports project launches through the following ways:
- Grant/liquidity incentives
- Security audit by the Celo Foundation
- Usability review and testing
- Co-marketing (Medium announcement, Twitter spaces, etc.)
Updates From this Week
This week we had a few major announcements:
- The Social Impact Collective was launched this week at EthCC to support social impact use cases on Celo. Learn more about the launch and our partners here.
- EthicHub launched on Celo and joined DeFi for the People. Learn more about EthicHub here.
- Isha led a Twitter Spaces with Zeroswap to discuss their recent launch. Listen to the recording here
- Nikhil participated in a panel organized by the World Wide Web Foundation on DeFi.
- Warbler Labs (building Goldfinch) signed an MOU to join the Celo Alliance for Prosperity. We’re currently discussing product partnership opportunities with them.
See below for the latest anticipated launch dates below. Please note, however, that these are subject to change based on developer timeline updates, security audit feedback, and other general market conditions. We’ll keep you all updated as any items in this list change, as well as new launches.
- Revo: July
- Finalizing incentives
- EthicHub: July
- Launched and finalizing incentives and liquidity support
- Masa: July
- Will be working on a co-marketing piece on Masa’s technology and vision development
- Symmetric v2: July
- V2 and DeFi index launched
- Discussing ReFi index
- Cargo: July
- Planning beta launch next week
- Gamma Strategies: July
- Curve: July
- Currently discussing cEUR gauge proposal with Curve voters
- Flow Carbon: August (in partnership with Climate Collective)
- Toucan: August (in partnership with Climate Collective)
- Chee Finance
- Joining D4TP
- Double: July on testnet
- O3 Labs - August
- Discussing partnership opportunities
- Crypto Research and Design Lab (CRADL): July
- joining D4TP (working on MOU)
- Warbler Labs (building Goldfinch): July
- Discussing Ethereum collaborations
- Popcorn Network
- Discussing Ethereum pools
- Umoja/Emerging Impact: July
- Discussing partnership opportunities and Celo Foundation support
- Discussed collaboration for Q4 lending pilot
- Discussing partnership opportunities around their upcoming social campaigns
Here’s also an update on other major items:
- Liasioning with Aave community member to complete risk methodology
- Working with Uniswap Labs to support future cross-chain deployments of Uniswap v3.
Please reach out or comment if you have any follow up questions or concerns. I’m also available on Twitter (@pumpernikhil) and the Celo Discord, and happy to connect anytime. Thank you to everyone in the Celo community.