DeFi for the People Update: June 17, 2022

Hi Everyone,

My name is Isha and I work on the Strategy, Research, and Innovation team at the Celo Foundation. This week it’s my pleasure to share the status update on the DeFi for the People program

For context, DeFi for the People supports project launches through the following ways:

1. Grant/liquidity incentives
  2. Security audit by the Celo Foundation
  3. Usability review and testing
  4. Co-marketing (Medium announcement, Twitter spaces, etc.)

Updates From this Week

This week we had a few major announcements:

1. Symmetric v2 launched with next-gen DEX/AMM and yield farming on June 16. Learn more here
  2. The Celo Foundation hosted a Twitter Spaces on our recent employer-based lending pilot with Mercy Corps Ventures, Moola Market, and Kotani Pay. Learn more here

Upcoming Launches

See below for the latest anticipated launch dates below. Please note, however, that these are subject to change based on developer timeline updates, security audit feedback, and other general market conditions. We’ll keep you all updated as any items in this list change, as well as new launches.

• Revo: June (finalizing marketing content)
  • impactMarket: Launching $PACT staking in June
  • Uniswap v3: June (cLabs working on governance bridge)
  • Cargo: June when Uniswap is deployed
  • Curve (Ethereum and Celo): June
  • EntropyFi: Developing stablecoin prediction games as part of D4TP
  • Flow Carbon: Late June (in partnership with Climate Collective)
  • Toucan: July (in partnership with Climate Collective)
  • EthicHub: June/July
  • Chee Finance: Launched on Celo but discussing additional collaboration opportunities
  • Mercy Corps Ventures: July
  • Zeroswap : June 28
  • Double: June end on testnet

Here’s also an update on other major items:

1. Hosting a Twitter Spaces the week of June 20 to discuss Chainlink integration updates

Please reach out or comment if you have any follow up questions or concerns. I’m also available on Twitter (@ivcelo) and the Celo Discord, and happy to connect anytime. Thank you to everyone in the Celo community.

To prosperity for all,

Isha Varshney

3 Likes