DeFi for the People Update: July 1, 2022

Hi Everyone,

My name is Isha, and I work on the Strategy, Research, and Innovation team at the Celo Foundation. This week it’s my pleasure to share the status update on the DeFi for the People program

For context, DeFi for the People supports project launches through the following ways:

1. Grant/liquidity incentives
  2. Security audit by the Celo Foundation
  3. Usability review and testing
  4. Co-marketing (Medium announcement, Twitter spaces, etc.)

Updates From this Week

This week we had a few major announcements:

1. Zeroswap launched ZeroSwap DEX on Mainnet on June 28, allowing gasless trades of Celo tokens. Learn more here.
  2. We hosted a Twitter Spaces with the Celo Foundation- Developer Relations team to discuss the latest updates on the Chainlink integration on June 29. Listen to the recording here.

Upcoming Launches

See below for the latest anticipated launch dates below. Please note, however, that these are subject to change based on developer timeline updates, security audit feedback, and other general market conditions. We’ll keep you all updated as any items in this list change, as well as new launches.

• Revo: July (finalising incentives)
  • Masa: Discussing marketing collaboration for upcoming launches
  • impactMarket: $PACT staking now live. Learn more here.
  • Symmetric v2: Grant provided for DeFi index incentives
  • Uniswap v3: Mainnet launch next week
  • Cargo: Beta launch when Uniswap v3 is launched
  • Gamma Strategies: July
  • Curve: July
    • Posting cEUR gauge proposal next week
  • Flow Carbon: July (in partnership with Climate Collective)
  • Toucan: July (in partnership with Climate Collective)
  • EthicHub: July
    • Discussing incentives and ReFi index launch
  • Chee Finance: July
  • Double: July on testnet
  • Crypto Research and Design Lab (CRADL): July
    • Discussing partnership opportunities
  • Umoja/Emerging Impact: July
    • Discussing partnership opportunities and Celo Foundation support
    • Discussed collaboration for Q4 lending pilot

Here’s also an update on other major items:

1. The Aave team provided additional inputs for the Aave governance proposal. Currently working on the risk methodology for specific assets and connecting with a member of the Aave community.
  2. Nikhil will be participating in a Twitter Spaces organized by Popcorn the week of July 11.

Please reach out or comment if you have any follow up questions or concerns. I’m also available on Twitter (@ivcelo)l) and the Celo Discord, and happy to connect anytime. Thank you to everyone in the Celo community.

To prosperity for all,

Isha Varshney

3 Likes

Thanks for the update Isha!

Any idea who is working on the Aave governance proposal and risk methodology?
Would love to provide some input as well.

Hi! Isha and I are actually working on that together so would love to connect and discuss if you have input

1 Like