Nikhil here from the Strategy, Research, and Innovation team at the Celo Foundation. Sharing this week’s update on the DeFi for the People program.
For context, DeFi for the People supports project launches through the following ways:
- Grant/liquidity incentives
- Security audit by the Celo Foundation
- Usability review and testing
- Co-marketing (Medium announcement, Twitter spaces, etc.)
Updates From this Week
This week we had a few major announcements:
- Goldfinch joined the Celo Alliance for Prosperity. Read the announcement here and listen to our Twitter spaces with Warbler Labs, a16z, and Mercy Corps Ventures.
- Nikhil hosted a Twitter spaces with Toucan as part of #ReFiSummer. Listen here.
- Isha hosted a Twitter spaces with EthicHub to discuss real world lending farmers. Listen here.
- Isha hosted a Twitter spaces with the Celo Africa team to talk about Web3 Africa Fund. Listen here.
- The Curve gauge proposal with Angle Protocol on Curve Finance to add Euro Pool (cEUR/agEUR/EUROC) passed. The pool is now live and seeded with some liquidity here. We’ll be directing CRV incentives soon following the next DAO vote
- The Mento Protocol team submitted an on-chain proposal to facilitate 1:1 swaps between cUSD and USDC. Read more about it here in preparation for the vote.
See below for the latest anticipated launch dates below. Please note, however, that these are subject to change based on developer timeline updates, security audit feedback, and other general market conditions. We’ll keep you all updated as any items in this list change, as well as new launches.
- Revo: August
- Finalizing incentives
- Masa: August
- Will be working on a co-marketing piece on Masa’s technology and vision development
- Opened soulbound identities to their community. Read more about it here.
- Symmetric v2: August
- V2 and DeFi index launched
- Discussing ReFi index: Sent over feedback to ReSource on index weightings
- Cargo: August
- Launched beta version and currently testing; will launch full version after. See here
- Scheduling Twitter spaces for next week with Gamma
- Gamma Strategies: August
- Launched. Read about the launch here.
- Discussing integrations
- Scheduling Twitter spaces for next week with Cargo
- Toucan: August (in partnership with Climate Collective)
- Adding tokens to DEXs
- Chee Finance: August
- Joining D4TP
- Double: August on testnet
- Will try out interface starting next week
- Crypto Research and Design Lab (CRADL): August
- joining D4TP (working on MOU)
- Warbler Labs (building Goldfinch):
- Discussing cross-chain collaborations with Abacus
- Popcorn Network
- Discussing cEUR Ethereum pool from Curve
- Umoja/Emerging Impact: August
- Discussing partnership opportunities and Celo Foundation support
- Discussed collaboration for Q4 lending pilot
- Discussing partnership opportunities around their upcoming social campaigns
- Flow Carbon: TBD (in partnership with Climate Collective)
Here’s also an update on other major items:
- Aave community member is working on our risk methodology
If you are a DeFi builder who has launched on Celo or are launching soon, please reach out to discuss joining the Celo DeFi Consortium. Similarly, please reach out or comment if you have any follow up questions or concerns. I’m also available on Twitter (@pumpernikhil) and the Celo Discord, and happy to connect anytime. Thank you to everyone in the Celo community.
To prosperity for all,