CTW Update #4: Friday Jun 3

Hi Everyone!

I’m back with another Connect the World update. As always we appreciate any questions and feedback that you have on the program.

The summary:

The biggest update for the CTW program this week is that we’ve brought on a new PM to focus exclusively on managing the program. We are really excited to welcome Michael Kwan (michael.kwan@celo.org). Here’s a short intro from Michael himself:

My name is Michael and I’m the new CTW Program Manager at the Celo Foundation. I will be ramping up (no pun intended) in the coming weeks and will be transitioned by Will to be the key point of contact on all things CTW-related. Looking forward to working with everyone to accelerate CTW’s mission!

For now please continue to reach out to me or connecttheworld@celo.org with any questions until Michael is fully ramped up.

Pipeline Status

Not a whole lot of updates on the partnerships front this week - but we do have partners moving through the pipe. We’ve engaged 2 new partners overall, had 1 partner complete the diligence phase, and 1 partner has started actively integrating. Once complete, the partner that is actively integrating will open on and off ramps in several LATAM markets, including: Argentina, Peru, Colombia, Venezuela, Panama, and Mexico.

Other Updates

• Getting Started Guide - We wanted to make it as easy as possible for new partners to onboard onto the program without being bottlenecked by the Connect the World / FiatConnect team. Last week we launched a public Getting Started Guide with all the relevant links, resources, and program expectations for external partners. Check it out here.
  • Office Hours: We’ve held twice weekly office hours for the CTW program for the past month. Since nobody has attended the Tuesday session (Tuesdays at 5PM PT) we are going to scale back to once a week and explore hosting in different forums (e.g. Discord)

Questions for the community

• In the interest of transparency, we want to do weekly updates about the CTW program. What information would you like to know for future updates?
  • We want to be intentional about prioritizing country ramps. Are there countries we should focus on first? Please let us know below.
3 Likes