Virtus Impavida DAO - request for feedback on a proposal for funding from the upcoming BrasilDAO

Hi there. I am Ed, CEO of Lovecrypto, from Brazil. We have been following with great enthusiasm the idea to create regional DAOs (like BrazilDAO, etc.) to fund radically awesome experiments in developing nations.

As some of you know, I finished a MsC degree in Computer Science at CIn/UFPE, and my own experience with developing Lovecrypto shows how difficult it is to get access to early stage funding here.

So, talking with two professors of mine, Prof. Cristiano Araujo and Prof. Jose Gilson Teixeira, we are proposing the creation of an investment DAO that is named after the motto of our university: “Virtus Impavida”, or Fearless Virtue.

The idea is to provide the first check to startups and/or entrepreneurs coming out of universities in Brazil. The checks would range from $5,000 to $20,000 .

The target is to raise $500,000 cUSD or ~ 100,000 Celos for VIRTUS I to invest in around 25 startups over the course of 2 years.

Funds would be held in a 2 of 3 multisignature contract and investments will be made in cUSD. The startups which are blockchain related should develop on Celo. Startups which are not blockchain related, need to at least manage their resources in cUSD, therefore increasing the numbers of transactions and users of the Celo Blockchain.

Here is a pitch deck. We would love to get your feedback: [Eng] Virtus Impavida V.1.0 - Google Slides

3 Likes