CGP-11 was proposed last week during the Celo Governance Community call to increase the gas limit from 10 Million to 13 Million.
User @zviad has noticed that the proposal accidentally included an extra 0, a typo that would result in the CGP-11 proposal planning an increase from 10 Million to 130 Million.
He posted the following in Discord:
celogovernance -i 11 ProposalID: 11 Proposer: https://explorer.celo.org/address/0xF3EB910DA09B8AF348E0E5B6636da442cFa79239 Description: https://github.com/celo-org/celo-proposals/blob/master/CGPs/0011.md Stage: Queued Proposed: 10/13/2020, 9:45:48 PM Expires: 10/22/2020, 9:45:48 PM UpVotes: 356999.778769567298193663 BlockchainParameters.setBlockGasLimit(gasLimit=130000000)
As we can see, the gasLimit value here is 130M, adding an extra 0 than the original proposal intended, which is an unfortunate typo.
The cLabs team is working on mitigating the issue currently.
Here are the following steps being taken by the cLabs team
- Inform approvers of Mainnet multisig to not approve CGP-11 - Owned by Nam
- Dequeue the current Mainnet Proposal 12 - Owned by Amy
- Write up communications on forum and Discord on this issue - Owned By Yaz
- Mark [CGP11] as REJECTED on https://github.com/celo-org/celo-proposals/blob/master/CGPs/0011.md
- Create new CGP12 that sets it to the right value of 13 Million https://github.com/celo-org/celo-proposals/pull/51
- Propose CGP12 on Baklava
- Propose CGP12 on Alfajores
- Propose CGP12 on Mainnet (pending success on Baklava/Alfajores)
- Incident report and steps to improve the process
You can follow along and track the issue here on Github https://github.com/celo-org/celo-monorepo/issues/4812#issuecomment-708634850