Proposal: Establish and Fund a Bug-Bounty Program for Celo on Immunefi.
Summary: Create a bug-bounty program on Immunefi and allocate 1,000,000 CELO from community governance funds.
Purpose: To incentivize community members and professional white hat hackers to uncover and fix any bugs that may exist within the Celo Protocol.
For comparison, here is a list of other major blockchains and web3 services currently using Immunefi:
- Wormhole ($10,000,000* US in rewards)
- MakerDAO ($10,000,000* US in rewards)
- Polygon ($2,100,000* US in rewards)
- Optimism ($2,000,000* US in rewards)
- Algorand ($2,000,000* US in rewards)
- Gnosis ($2,000,000* US in rewards)
- Arbitrum ($2,000,000* US in rewards)
*Data from January 9, 2023
5 out of 7 of the multi-signatories must approve transactions and they are collectively responsible for verifying that a solution to a particular bug is functioning properly before the bounty hunter is compensated:
**Indicates that the individual is a person of interest and has not yet committed OR that it is an open slot:
- Ryon – Celo Foundation, Security
- Dave – Celo Foundation, Security
- Ben - cLabs, Security
- Connor (vissequ)- Community Moderator
- **A Member of the Valora Team
- **(Bogdan) - Mento
- **(DiWu) - Community Member & Validator
Hardware wallets will be required for each individual signatory.
Point of Contact:
Please feel free to reach out on Discord with any questions:
vissequ | Celo#9060
Thank you for reading. What are your thoughts on this proposal?
- I support this proposal
- I do not support this proposal
- I would support this proposal if some minor changes were made