Offsite Argentina and Phase 2 of our Strategy

Hola, Celo Community!

I’m Cristóbal Pereira, and I’m excited to assume the role of CeLatam’s Lead after the amazing job that Camila Rioja made this last year. I’ve been part of this journey from the beginning, and now, with fresh energy and renewed focus, I’m excited to share news about our recent events in Argentina and our evolving strategy!

CeLatam at Crecimiento

In August our team had the chance to gather in person for the first time in Buenos Aires during Aleph and the exciting popup city of Crecimiento. It was a transformative experience for all of us, filled with strategic discussions, deepening connections, and new ideas. We also hosted a community event with 20 key leaders from the crypto ecosystem, both locally and regionally, at the Buenos Aires Polo Club. This event was an exchange of visions and a chance to build alliances that will propel us forward.

Paving the Way Towards CeLatam’s Venture Studio

We shifted our strategy by aligning all our resources and efforts to foster the next wave of Web3 innovation, with the Venture Studio at the center. We’ll be leveraging blended finance models to support startups in crucial areas such as the bio-economy, microcredits, and impact management projects. This will allow us to more effectively support innovative startups across Latin America, bringing the best of Web3 to the region and beyond!

transaicao-removebg-preview

At the heart of this new strategy is a powerful idea: Pertenencia (Belonging). We want every entrepreneur, builder, and community member to feel deeply connected to our mission—to honor our unique identity, culture, and potential here in Latin America. :earth_americas:

We’ve also taken the opportunity to reorganize our team to better align with our renewed focus on the Venture Studio, assigning new roles that maximize each member’s strengths and passions. To bring our new vision to life, we’ve realigned our team roles to maximize each member’s strengths: Marcelo Silva, “The Thinker”, will focus on Superchain research and new business opportunities. Susanne Zarpellon, as our “Smooth Operator”, will manage partnerships, projects, and community engagement. Gabriel Ribenboim, our “Venture Wizard”, will drive funding and growth aligned with our blended finance strategy. Camila Rioja, CeLatam Co-Founder and former Lead, steps in as “The Halo” to advise on our strategic growth while staying true to the Celo Community mission. I, Cristóbal Pereira, “The Maker”, will lead CeLatam through this new phase, steering us toward our shared goals.

This new structure ensures that we are well-equipped to drive forward our mission, with each of us bringing our best to the table.

But we can’t do this alone! We want your feedback, ideas, and energy to help us shape this new phase. Check out the full article on our website where we dive deeper into our plans and vision.

If you want to dive deeper with us, please read the full article I wrote about our experience at the offsite: Reaching New Heights by Evolving into a Venture Studio | CeLatam

I’m super excited about this next chapter and eager to hear from you all!

Let’s continue building a stronger, more connected Web3 community together!

Warm regards,

Cristóbal Pereira, The Maker, CeLatam Lead

5 Likes

I want to thank the entire CeLatam team for trusting me to lead the next stage of our organization. Our focus will be on continuing to grow and scale the Celo ecosystem in Latin America, driven by the concept of belonging. Our Marketing & Research and Partnership & Activation areas have allowed us to build a solid foundation to begin working with the startups in our network, as well as those we will continue to seek out to drive growth.

The goal is clear: now it’s time to work to achieve it!

If you’re interested in learning more about the Latin American market, feel free to reach out to us at talk@celatam.org.

3 Likes

Loving this update Cristóbal and excited to continue our initial conversations.