Kuneco, means “togetherness” in Esperanto, is the Celo Community Townhall where we gather to discuss the most important topics affecting our community and ecosystem, celebrate wins toward our mission and uplift community voices.
The call is returning after a hiatus with a renewed mission and mandate after gathering feedback and going through advice process. We are excited to launch this call with a very important topic, decentralizing ecosystem growth and development through regional DAOs.
Below we want to offer an agenda and some pre-reads and content that can help set context about how we and other communities in the broader Web 3 ecosystem are thinking about Ecosystem Growth. There’s a lot we can learn from the overall ecosystem and can apply the learnings to our own community.
Register to Attend
Friday, November 11
8AM PST, 11PM EST, 4PM GMT
Add Celo Community Calendar to stay informed about all Celo events!
@olarte & @annaalexa welcome and introduce the new call format (5 mins)
- How this is different from a governance call? What to expect from this new call format?
- Brief overview and updates @rene_celo (5 mins)
- This call will be all about Decentralized Ecosystem Growth! We will have the 3 regional DAO proposals present their vision for grassroots ecosystem development by tapping into the on-chain fund
- Community discussion and Q&A (25 mins)
- Fascilitators (5 mins)
Will be posted on the Forum after the call
We will ask a volunteer to act as a secretary during the call and take notes. Document will be shared here for everyone to view.
We have recently returned from Devcon and are super inspired by all of the ideas around broader ecosystem development. If you are interested in learning more about this topic, we’ve curated a playlist of a mix of Devcon and Celo related talks about funding and ecosystem growth:
- How to Fund Community Projects - Funding paradigms in the Celo Ecosystem that currently exist, including Foundation Grants, Prezenti (formally Celo Community Fund), Climate Collective, and Ocelot.
- Ethereum Foundation Principles of Subtraction - Devcon presentation by Ethereum Foundation about growing the ecosystem and community of Ethereum
- Ethereum for the Next Billion: Who Are Your Next Billion? - This panel explores the question: "Who are the people that you consider to be the ‘next billion’ Ethereum users, and how will Ethereum make an impact on their lives?”
- Sustainable Ecosystem Scaling - Devcon presentation on how do we scale ecosystem development
- How to Build Bigger and Stronger ETH Communities in Latam - EN ESPAÑOL - Devcon presentation on how to grow resilient community in LATAM
- Mila Rioja ETHcc Talk: DEFI in LatAm: a Ladder out of Emerging Status
- Web3 Adoption in Africa and Borderless Africa - a New Narrative - Great conversations about the importance of ecosystem and adoption in Africa
We are looking forward to having this important discussion about our regional growth at the next Kuneco as these proposals prepare to present on Governance Call and submit these proposals for voting. Please join us in this conversation!
Anna & Daniel
Community Development Team