About the Baklava Testnet category

Updates, questions, and discussion about the Baklava Testnet, the second Celo test network designed for validators and full node operators to build operational experience and to test the operational security of the Celo Protocol. Note that its tokens hold no real world economic value, and the entirety of the testnet’s data may be reset.

2 Likes

I will join the testnet
is there a discord or tele channel to follow?

1 Like

Yes here’s the Discord #stake-off channel.

What docker image do I need to use to operate a full node on the Baklava Testnet:

https://console.cloud.google.com/gcr/images/celo-testnet/US/celo-node?gcrImageListsize=50

Thanks.

The docker image that will be compatible with Baklava isn’t available yet – keep an eye on this channel around 12/4!

Hello guys,

I have an issue on trying to run the Baklava Testnet.

On the proxy step I am not able to create a new account for the proxy:

# On the proxy machine
# First, we create a new account for the proxy

docker run --name celo-proxy-password -it --rm  -v $PWD:/root/.celo $CELO_IMAGE account new --password /root/.celo/.password

Error Message:

➜  celo-proxy-node docker run --name celo-proxy-password -it --rm  -v $PWD:/root/.celo $CELO_IMAGE account new --password /root/.celo/.password
INFO [03-16|10:37:22.655] Maximum peer count                       ETH=175 LES=0 total=175
Fatal: Failed to read password file: open /root/.celo/.password: no such file or directory