Update the name of the Official Telegram Group, to 'Celo Network Official', and not include a token name '$CELO', and with a verified tag

Hey community,
This topic is related to the official Celo Telegram

Presently, I feel that the name of the group creates a lot of ambiguity, as putting token names along with ‘$’, makes it sound like a speculation, and encourages several groups to create fake/spam telegram groups online, as evident from my experience on Telegram.

Some of things that can be improved:

• Changing the name to ‘Celo Network Official’
  • Adding a verified tag, (previously seen on Chainlink Community Channel)

A lot of people have been creating spam groups and reaching out to admins with proposals related to listing tokens, and the others have been doing fake airdrop groups using Celo token.

Definitely something to look into.

7 Likes

Agreed! There is a number of fake groups impersonating official Celo TG group, so need to get it verified. Also agree, the $CELO cash tag in the name of the group should be removed imo

3 Likes

I agree with all of this. One option is to just have the the name be “Celo”

2 Likes

I support this proposal Elio. Hoping this will help to fight the rampant scammers on Telegram :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I agree with this. Good proposal

3 Likes

I’m agree with the proposal of @lopeselio :metal: :call_me_hand:

2 Likes

Thank you for flagging @lopeselio! @ericnakagawa has been doing a lot of work on the Telegram presence, could you please provide an update on the latest state of TG?

2 Likes

Fully agreed! Thank you @lopeselio or the flag! Also to share: CeloPortugues and CeloEspañol are the TG chats for Portuguese and Spanish speakers :slight_smile: in case you all want to join!

2 Likes

There’s a lot of spam from fake exchanges for listing cEUR. Almost 3-4 people on a daily basis in the DM

I think this is a good idea. Chatting with @ericnakagawa about implications of the change.

-D

3 Likes

Update the name on coinbase.

We are in 2022 and the name is still CGLD…

1 Like

Change has been made!! Renamed to Celo - Official

Working on verification next.

7 Likes

Thanks @deana , verification would be really good!

1 Like