Granda Mento Exchange Proposal 1 Discussion: 1,000,000 CELO for 6,450,000 cUSD

Hey Alex thanks for the proposal. We discussed this specific situation during the original Granda Mento proposal, You can see me probing about this scenario very specifically here:
Question: Discussion on Granda Mento: Enabling Larger Stablecoin Mints - #2 by thezviad
Consensus: Discussion on Granda Mento: Enabling Larger Stablecoin Mints - #40 by trevor

My understanding was that we all came to an unanimous agreement that Granda Mento’s purpose is to enable large scale conversions for USD → cUSD and for EUR → cEUR. NOT for liquidating existing CELO to cXXX assets.

These proposals are exactly what we agreed wouldn’t be done using Granda Mento. I can’t in good faith approve/support this proposal. If this proposal does indeed pass, I should probably be taken off from the Granda Mento Multisig, since I would not have supported original Granda Mento proposal in the first place, if it was going to be used for liquidating existing CELO for cXXX assets.

EDIT: Just to add to this, the specific price of conversion is irrelevant from my point of view. There is no valid price in my mind for a proposal like this, as I discussed at length in the original Granda Mento discussion thread.

1 Like