The next Governance Call #96 is scheduled for Sep 3rd, 2026
To add topics to the agenda, post a comment below.
Governance Call Information
Date: Sep 3rd, 2026
Time: 7:00 PT (Fixed) / 10:00 ET / 14:00 UTC / 16:00 CEST (60 minutes max)
Location: Register on Luma
Add to your Google Calendar: Celo Signal
Call Recording
Will be shared after the meeting in the table inside the Readme File of the Celo Governance Github Repo and in the GitHub Issue of the Call .
Introduction
Made by the Celo Governance Guardians
Proposals for Discussion
Crowdsourced on the Forum prior to the meeting.
(Max Proposals per Call: 3 Proposals)
Other Discussions and Q&A
Governance Feedback and Evolution Discussion (If there is leftover time)
Open discussion and questions
Remember
All are welcome to attend!
CC: Governance Working Group (@0xj4an-work @Wade @0xGoldo @KateNora )
2 Likes
Hi everyone, quick update regarding the Governance Call originally planned for tomorrow, Aug 20th.
Since there are no eligible proposals on the agenda, the call has been rescheduled to Aug 27th.
The Forum post and calendar invitation will be updated shortly to reflect this change.
2 Likes
ttghi
August 20, 2026, 11:55am
3
1 Like
@ttghi
Not yet, because I’m not able to attend the call. Feel free to present the draft!
1 Like
ttghi
August 20, 2026, 12:12pm
5
@Westermali while we support your draft, I wouldn’t be able to present on your behalf. Please work with the governance group for a date and time that works for you
1 Like
Hi everyone, quick update regarding the Governance Call originally planned for today, Aug 27th.
Since there are no eligible proposals on the agenda, the call has been rescheduled to Sept 3rd.
The Forum post and calendar invitation will be updated shortly to reflect this change.
Hi all,
I’d like to add my proposal to the agenda for Governance Call #96:
[DRAFT] Revenue-Based CELO Burn — Allocate 25% of Net L2 Sequencer Revenue to Permanent Burn
[DRAFT] Revenue-Based CELO Burn — Allocate 25% of Net L2 Sequencer Revenue to Permanent Burn
Proposal Key Aspects
Receiver Entity: Celo Governance / Community Fund
Status: [DRAFT]
Title: Revenue-Based CELO Burn — Allocate 25% of Net L2 Sequencer Revenue to Permanent Burn
Author(s): [Forum username]
Type of Request: Network Decision / Tokenomics — Temperature Check
Funding Request: N/A
Proposed Burn Rate: 25% of net L2 sequencer revenue distributed under CGP-287
Community F…
I’m the author of the proposal, and @Ginsburg has kindly agreed to present it on my behalf during the call.
I’ll continue to follow the discussion on the Forum and incorporate relevant feedback as the proposal develops.
Thanks!
1 Like
Added to the agenda @Westermali @Ginsburg
1 Like
ttghi
September 9, 2026, 5:11pm
9
Hi, what are next steps to get the burn proposal voted on?
@ttghi it would need to be submitted on chain. I was discussed on the call and this original proposal would act as a temperature check. Afterwards, @Ginsburg and @Westermali would need to discuss technical implementation details and formalize.
The Celo team is still dragging its feet on the token burn proposed last December; they really need to reflect on this.
It is also directly linked to trust in the project.
ttghi
September 10, 2026, 1:42pm
12
Sounds great. From the call, @celogovernance is a temperature check going to be submitted on chain via governance voting? @Ginsburg and @Westermali what are your next steps?
Hi @ttghi ,
I’m waiting on the call recording of the governance call. After that I will update the proposal so it can be discussed for the next week. After that we can set it up for an onchain proposal.
1 Like