Proposal for Celo to Migrate to Ethereum L2 leveraging the Arbitrum Orbit L2 SDK

Hey Nina, thank you for submitting ARB’s proposal! Compared to other proposals, your proposal is the most thorough, comprehensive, to-the-point proposal so far! I guess being late in this case actually has an advantage!

As a Celo community member/project, I strongly support Celo’s migration to L2! I am thrilled with your statement that Orbit satisfies “sub-cent transaction fees”. Can you elaborate in details how Orbit achieves this? Can this only be done with AnyTrust model?

Celo already has its consensus layer and is well positioned to use it to secure the decentralized sequencer. And Celo’s sequencer can be easily expanded into a shared sequencer! Speaking selfishly as a CELO holder (even though I am a friend of Expresso team), will you/ARB open to partner with Celo for your shared/decentralized sequencer solution/candidate?

Overall the proposal focuses more on technical aspects, which is understandable. However, if the proposal can highlight economic benefits/incentives for CELO holders, it will stand out even more! Adopting Celo’s decentralized sequencer as a shared sequencer will enable CELO holders to capture more values beside values captured as validators for fraud proof.

Eager to hear your responses soon!