Discussion on Validator Rewards

After some ongoing Epoch Rewards discussion, good counter arguments and yesterday’s governance call I changed my mind and I’m withdrawing CGP 36: Increasing Validator Rewards.

A couple of thoughts:

• There is a high validator supply for the protocol right now despite decreasing rewards
  • Rewards could be quickly increased if there is indication that they become too low in the future
  • If anyone thinks this is an important proposal anyway, you can always take it further yourself.

I really like the idea of @Pinotio.com to start working on a longer-term mechanism which would make validator rewards more market based, like dynamic voting rewards. It seems harder to measure on-chain and in the cLabs economics team we are starting to think about it and we would be curious to brainstorm about it.

For everyone who couldn’t participate in Governance Call 9, you can find the recording and notes here Celo Governance Call 9 · Issue #242 · celo-org/celo-proposals · GitHub as well as my presentation slides here Epoch Rewards CGPs: 33, 34, 35 ,36 - Google Slides.

2 Likes