Flori Labs - proposal and request for feedback

*learning the process. Not ignoring :pray:t3:. I’ll ping you to discuss get a better download on how to move forward.

6 Likes

So to clarify after having read the whole thread, IIUC this proposal is meant to fund Flori Labs (not Flori Ventures), that is independent from Flori Ventures, but ran by the same management.

Flori Labs would have somewhat a similar propose to cLabs, helping build Celo. In order to do so, is asking for funds from the community fund and is listing the different initiatives it wants to drive with this funding.

Is this correct?
If the above is correct, do you expect to contribute code to existing repos and/or build tooling for the wider community? I think clarifying that would open the path a lot for this proposal.

Thoughts I have is about potential conflicts of interest (like giving a grant to someone who will get also funded by Flori Ventures). This could be solved with a simple public policy Flori writes about what considers ok and what not.

Regarding the individual initiatives, I think is a good experiment to run but have some thoughts:

Flori farm: I think if it’s educational, then there’s no need to provide actual liquidity. I don’t like that because it increases the capital requested, but also as that liquidity gets staked, it reduces the yield for everyone else, making it counter productive. It can also create conflict of interests and controversy about what tokens get liquidity.

Flori NFT: I think there should be a promise of profits for the Celo Community Fund and/or Reserve, it’d be very important to sort this up before any actual NFT created with these funds reaches significant value.

It’d also be useful to split the proposal in five, so people can vote independently on each and the conversations could get a little more organized.

1 Like

@maria aria I think these are amazing propositions!